The fourth meeting of the Leadership Insight Series will be held on October 28, 2020, at 1:00 pm.
As you know, the ICS Leadership Insights Series will answer such subjects as:
– Developing resilient and sustainable economies in the wake of COVID-19
– New alliances and geopolitical tensions; How to restart trade and travel?
– Has COVID-19 fundamentally changed global trade?
– What will the new global supply chains look like?
– Where does the decarbonization agenda sit post-COVID?
We support, as one of the key sponsors of GISBIR, the meetings moderated by ICS President Esben Poulsson.
The subject of the fourth meeting: Where Does Shipping’s Decarbonisation Agenda Sit In A Post-COVID-19 World?
Some of the topics of the meeting are as follows;
– Will decarbonization be collateral damage from COVID-19 or is it still on the agenda?
– Will the low oil price, impact the decarbonization agenda for shipping?
– What is the effect of the low oil price on the proposed R&D fund?
– How can companies innovate against a backdrop of global uncertainty and recession?
– What new financing models will be required to de-risk investments?
– Will governments shift focus away from climate targets whilst they focus on restarting their economies, or will ‘building back better’ be the route to economic growth?
– How will governments and regional blocks use policy to catalyse change?
Speakers of the meeting to be held on Wednesday, October 28, 2020, at 13:00:
– Emanuele Grimaldi, MD Grimaldi Group
– Knut Ørbeck-Nilssen, DNV GL CEO
– Guy Platten, Secretary-General of ICS
– Mechthild Wörsdörfer, Director, Sustainability, Technology, and Outlooks, IEA
– Rasmus Bach Nielsen, Global Head of Fuel Decarbonisation, Trafigura Group Pte Ltd
To participate in the meeting online, you can register from the link below;